Flexor tendon reconstruction-2nd stage. surgical technique
Subscribe to get full access to this operation and the extensive Upper Limb & Hand Surgery Atlas.
Learn the Flexor tendon reconstruction-2nd stage. surgical technique with step by step instructions on OrthOracle. Our e-learning platform contains high resolution images and a certified CME of the Flexor tendon reconstruction-2nd stage. surgical procedure.
There are a number of clinical scenarios where primary tendon repair is not a feasible option and some form of graft reconstruction is required. This may be performed as a single or a two stage procedure.
Here we demonstrate the second stage of a two stage flexor tendon reconstruction. The first stage is available as a separate section in Orthoracle and is intended to be read before this section as some key concepts are covered there.
In summary the second stage involves replacing the passive silicone tendon implants with tendon autograft.
Author: Tahseen Chaudhry, Consultant hand and peripheral nerve Surgeon
Institution: Peripheral Nerve Unit, Birmingham hand centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham
- Each operation and the questions associated become named course in the CPD section
- The operative technique itself is read as a lesson as is any company implant information if this is being assessed.
- You’ll need to tick the box to confirm this has been done and can do this immediately if you have already read the op tech.
- The vast majority of operations have a 10-15 MCQ quiz covering all aspects of the decision making and the technique
- There are four possible answers of which one is correct (or on occasion more correct) than the others.
- There are additional quiz modules on the surgical steps, the implants and problem cases being added continually
- The course is completed once all the lessons are read and quizzes submitted and passed.
- On successful completion of each quiz you will receive a validated certificate in your CPD folder.
- Your dashboard also will contain a record of the time you have spent logged onto and using the site.
- The timer suspends after 5 minutes though if there is no activity.
- When you restart you will resume at the same point in the module.
- Once you have completed each quiz you will need to feedback on the module first then click “submit” and your paper will be marked.
The pass mark is 75%.
- If you fall below this level you will be directed back to re-read the slides where you’ve tripped up.
- Once these have been read you can re-do just the questions you failed on.
- Once you have passed the quiz you can return at a future stage & resit .
Welcome to the Professional Development question section. The objective of taking these tests is to demonstrate that you have understood all aspects of the assessment and management of patients requiring surgical intevention. On successful completion you will receive a certificate accredited by both the Royal College of Surgeons of both England and Edinburgh as well as the British Orthopaedic Association.
Our content is designed for both Surgeons in independent practice and Surgeons in training.