Flexor tendon reconstruction: Second stage
Subscribe to get full access to this operation and the extensive Upper Limb & Hand Surgery Atlas.
Learn the Flexor tendon reconstruction: Second stage surgical technique with step by step instructions on OrthOracle. Our e-learning platform contains high resolution images and a certified CME of the Flexor tendon reconstruction: Second stage surgical procedure.
There are a number of clinical scenarios where primary tendon repair is not a feasible option and some form of graft reconstruction is required. This may be performed as a single or a two stage procedure.
Here we demonstrate the second stage of a two stage flexor tendon reconstruction. The first stage is available as a separate section in Orthoracle and is intended to be read before this section as some key concepts are covered there.
In summary the second stage involves replacing the passive silicone tendon implants with tendon autograft.
Readers will also find of use the following OrthOracle technique:
Author:Tahseen Chaudhry, Consultant hand and peripheral nerve Surgeon
Institution: Peripheral Nerve Unit, Birmingham hand centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK.
- Please ensure you have read the all the information for this operation before starting the test.
- Each question has four possible answers of which one is correct.
- You will need to answer all questions before they are marked.
- You do not need to spend a minimum time on any question.
- You need to answer all questions before you can submit the paper.
It is strongly advised you go over the operation content, click below to do so: