What's In The Full Subscription?
You will get access to every surgical atlas on Orthoracle.com including exclusive access to the follow in progress atlases:
- BONE & SOFT TISSUE TUMOUR
- SHOULDER & ELBOW
What's In The Hip Surgery Atlas?
20 Active Operations
- Birmingham Hip resurfacing
- Corail Pinnacle (De Puy)Total Hip replacement ( Midi-posterior approach)
- Direct anterior approach total hip replacement
- Exeter stem (Stryker) and Gap II restoration acetabular cage (Stryker) for acetabular metastases.
- Exeter Trauma Stem for Intracapsular Neck of Femur Fracture - Stryker
- Mathys Twinys stem & Vitamys cup uncemented Total Hip Replacement - Posterior approach
- Microport Intracapsular Total Hip Replacement
- Polymotion; The Custom Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene Hip Resurfacing
- Revision Total Hip replacement: Stryker custom acetabulum and SERF Dual mobility Hip (De Puy)
- SuperPath® total hip replacement
- Total Hip replacement: C stem AMT/Elite (Depuy) cemented hip (femur first)
- Total Hip replacement(2 stage revision): Combined intra-pelvic and extended trochanteric osteotomy approach
- Hip Arthroscopy - set up and access to central compartment
- Dunns osteotomy
- Medial Approach Open Reduction hip (MAOR)
- Proximal femoral varus osteotomy using angled Blade plate fixation
- Salters' osteotomy
- The Birmingham Interlocking Pelvic (Triple) osteotomy
- Cannulated Hip screws (Asnis III - Stryker) for fixation of intracapsular neck of femur fracture
- Stryker Omega Dynamic Hip Screw for extra-capsular neck of femur fracture
17 Operations In Progress
- BIrmingham Hip resurfacing
- Conversion of Dynamic Hip Screw to Advantage Dual Mobility Cup (Zimmer-Biomet) and Proximal Femoral Replacement (METS, Stanmore)
- Exeter Total Hip replacement for Fractured Neck of Femur
- Hip injection
- Revision total hip replacement (Thrust plate to Mathys Twinsys stem and Vitamys cup)
- Revision Total Hip replacement: Direct exchange Link MP revision stem for periprosthetic fracture
- SERF Dual mobility Total Hip replacement 2
- Total Hip replacement -Anterior approach
- Total Hip replacement :Cemented Exeter stem and an uncemented R3 acetabular component(Metal on poly)
- Total Hip replacement (revision): Direct exchange Rim-fit socket and 'X-change' Rim-Mesh(Stryker) with impaction bone grafting
- Total Hip replacement (uncemented) -Corin Trinity metafix
- Total Hip replacement- Exeter/contemporary (Stryker)
- Total Hip replacement-Exeter /tritanium (Stryker)
- Application of a Paediatric Hip Spica
- Pelvic & Femoral osteotomies.
- Triple pelvic osteotomy
- Femoral intra-medullary nail : Synthes Expert Lateral femoral nail
What's In The Knee Surgery Atlas?
22 Active Operations
- De Puy Attune Total Knee Replacement
- First Stage Revision Total Knee Replacement for Acute Prosthetic Joint Infection (Zimmer Biomet articulating spacer)
- Sleeved Total Knee Replacement for Tibial Plateau Fracture (MBT DePuy)
- Smith & Nephew Journey Unicompartmental Knee replacement (Fixed Bearing )
- Total knee replacement (posterior stabilised): Visionaire Genesis II (Smith and Nephew)
- Vanguard 360 total Knee replacement (Zimmer)
- Vanguard total Knee Replacement (Cruciate retaining, Zimmer-Biomet)
- Zimmer-Biomet Persona Partial Knee Replacement (Medial)
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee arthroscopy and microfracture of osteochondral defect
- Knee arthroscopy and partial medial menisectomy
- Meniscal repair using Smith & Nephew fast-fix 360 system & knee arthroscopy
- Patella tendon harvest for ACL reconstruction
- Below knee amputation
- Anteromedialisation tibial tubercle osteotomy
- High Tibial Osteotomy (Synthes Tomofix plate)
- Proximal Tibial Osteotomy using a Newclip plate.
- Rotational proximal tibial Osteotomy
- Anatomic ACL reconstruction using hamstring tendons ( Linvatec graft tensioner)
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction - double-stranded hamstring graft
- Iliotibial band lengthening (for ITB friction syndrome)
- Patella stabilisation : Tibial tubercle osteotomy and Medial patellofemoral ligament reconstruction
12 Operations In Progress
- Oxford unicompartmental Knee replacement (mobile bearing ,Zimmer-Biomet)
- Revision total Knee Replacement- Legion CCK (Smith & Nephew)
- Revision total Knee Replacement- Legion hinged implant (Smith & Nephew)
- Total knee replacement-Triathalon (Stryker)
- ACI to patella with trochleoplasty and combined distal and proximal realignment
- Knee arthroscopy and anterior interval debridement
- Tibial intramedullary nailing (suprapatella approach): Synthes Expert Tibial Nail.
- Tibial shaft fracture: Fixation with Taylor-Spatial Frame
- Tomofix Plate for High Tibial Osteotomy with Bi-planar cuts (De Puy-Synthes)
- Medial Patellofemoral Ligament Reconstruction using Healicoil Anchors (Smith and Nephew)
- Peri-articular ligament releases around the knee
- Posterolateral Corner Reconstruction +ACL reconstruction
What's In The Foot Surgery Atlas?
83 Active Operations
- Achilles Reconstruction - Arthrex Biotenodesis screw with Flexor Hallucis Longus tendon transfer
- Achilles tendon debridement
- Achilles tendon minimally invasive debridement
- Achilles tendon repair-open technqiue
- Ankle and Subtalar (Double) Fusion using OrthoSolutions Oxbridge nail
- Ankle arthroscopy using the Smith & Nephew Guhl non-invasive ankle distractor
- Ankle Replacement -De Puy Mobility
- Ankle Replacement-BOX total ankle replacement (MatOrtho)
- Ankle replacement-Revision using Wright Invision Ankle replacement system
- Ankle replacement-Star ankle replacement (revision of mensical component)
- Ankle replacement-Wright Infinity ankle replacement
- Ankle replacement-Wright Prophecy
- Arthroscopic Ankle Fusion using OrthoSolutions CSS screws
- Birmingham lateral ligament reconstruction
- Brostrom lateral ligament reconstruction using JuggerKnot soft anchor(Zimmer-Biomet).
- Correction of the Cavo-varus foot using Orthosolutions Titanium screws & Ultos plate.
- Double fusion (Tibiotalocalcaneal fusion) with De Puy Versa-Nail.
- Fixation of open talar neck fracture using Stryker Variax implants
- Full-House Equinus Ankle Correction
- Integra Achillon to repair Achilles rupture.
- Internal fixation of distal tibial Pilon fracture using Stryker AxSOS 3Ti plate.
- Internal fixation of medial malleolar ankle fracture with ASNIS screws
- Lateral malleolar fixation using Acumed Fibula Rod System
- Lisfranc fixation for fracture-dislocation injury
- Open ankle arthrodesis using Ankle Fix 4.0 plate (Zimmer-Biomet)
- Open ankle fusion:(trans-fibula approach)
- Osteochondral grafting of the talus (OATS procedure)
- Posterior ankle decompression- Open technique
- Posterior Ankle decompression-Arthroscopic technique
- Postero-lateral plating of pronation-external rotation ankle fracture (posterior malleolar fixation)
- Supra malleolar tibial osteotomy-Medial opening wedge with Arthrex plate.
- Tibialis Anterior Reconstruction (Extensor Hallucis Longus transfer)
- Tibio-talo-calcaneal (TTC/Double ) fusion with Wright Valor nail.
- Tibio-Talo-Calcaneal (TTC/Double )fusion using Integra Advansys Plate
- Tibio-Talo-Calcaneal (TTC/Double )fusion using Zimmer Ankle Fix plus plate.
- 1st MTP Arthroscopy (Big toe)
- 5th metatarsal non-union fixation ,using Stryker Asnis cannulated screws
- Akin osteotomy
- Basal metatarsal osteotomy (open wedge for Hallux Valgus using Arthrex LPS open wedge system)
- Bone block first MTP fusion using the Wright Ortholoc plate
- Bunionette (Scarf correction) using OrthoSolutions FOS screws
- Cartiva implant for 1st MTP joint arthritis
- Chevron Osteotomy (for Hallux Valgus)
- Congenital curly fifth toe correction
- Crossover second toe deformity: Extensor Digitorum Brevis transfer
- First MTP Fusion (using Stryker Anchorage MTP arthrodesis plate )for Hallux Varus .
- First MTP Fusion-Crossed screws technique
- Jones procedure for claw toe using OrthoSolutions small fragment screw
- Lateral MTP joint release ( modified McBrides procedure)
- Minimally invasive Cheilectomy for Hallux Rigidus using OrthoSolutions system
- Moberg procedure (and open MTP debridement)
- Modified kellers arthroplasty
- Mortons Neuroma Excision
- Rheumatoid forefoot reconstruction
- Rotaglide first mtp joint replacement (Implants international)
- Scarf osteotomy using OrthoSolutions FOS screws
- Weils osteotomy (using Othosolutions forefoot reconstruction system, FRS)
- Youngswick osteotomy
- Arthroscopic subtalar fusion with Orthosolutions Large Fragment(TCS) cannulated screws
- Calcaneal Fracture Fixation
- Calcaneal osteotomy (open technique using Atkins approach)
- Calcaneal osteotomy with OrthoSolutions FRS Locking Plate
- Calcaneo-navicular Coalition takedown
- Haglunds deformity-Arthrex Bio-corkscrew & postero-lateral approach
- Minimally invasive Calcaneal osteotomy
- Peroneal sheath reconstruction (for peroneal tendon subluxation)
- Pes Planus correction with FDL transfer , Calcaneal osteotomy and Wright Bioarch arthroresis screw
- Plantar fascia release
- Talo-Calcaneal tarsal coalition takedown.
- Tarsal tunnel decompression (for tarsal tunnel syndrome)
- Tibialis Posterior Reconstruction for pes planus
- Tibialis posterior tendon debridement
- Tibialis posterior transfer (through interosseous membrane )for foot drop
- Triple Fusion
- Dorsi-flexing osteotomy of first metatarsal (using Orthosolutions Memo-staple)
- Internal fixation of fracture dislocation of the navicular
- Lapidus procedure: (fixation using crossed screw technique)
- Lisfranc Fusion
- Os Naviculare excision and tibialis posterior advancement
- Peroneal Tendon Debridement
- Tibialis posterior transfer (for foot drop)
- Wedge Tarsectomy & dorsi-flexing Lapidus
- Wedge tarsectomy: For correction of isolated cavus deformity.
19 Operations In Progress
- Achilles tendon reconstruction using Wright Medical Graftjacket
- advanced arthroscopic ankle fusion
- Compartment pressure monitoring (Tibial compartments)
- Gastrocsoleus recession
- Internal fixation of "Nutcracker" Fracture of the cuboid: Stryker VariAx 2 Foot System
- Internal fixation of ankle fracture -Fibula Pro-Tibia fixation technique
- Lateral ankle ligament repair (reattachment of ATF ligament)
- Lion operation
- Open Equinus Ankle Correction
- Revision (augmented lateral ankle ligament reconstruction (Wright Graftjacket)
- Revision Ankle Fusion
- Talar body replacement: 4WEB custom talar replacement (OrthoSolutions)
- First MTP dorsal cheilectomy
- First MTP Fusion (Coughlin reamers & Orthosolutions dorsal plate)
- Hallux valgus skin closure: Technical tip
- lateral release modified mcbrides procedure
- Subtalar fusion (open technique)
- Talo-navicular fusion
What's In The Upper Limb & Hand Surgery Atlas?
63 Active Operations
- Cubital tunnel decompression
- Digital nerve conduit-assisted repair with the NeurolacTM (Polyganics)
- Dorsal cutaneous ulnar nerve reconstruction using Axogen Avance nerve allograft
- Excision of median nerve tumour and Axogen Axoguard nerve protector wrapping
- Excision of Schwannoma from ulnar nerve
- Fractional Tendon Lengthening and Swanson Silastic Metacarpophalangeal Joint Replacement (Wright Medical) for Spasticity
- Modified Oberlin double fascicular nerve transfer for elbow flexion: FCR fascicle to motor branch to biceps and FCU fascicle to motor branch to brachialis
- Multiple tendon transfers for C8 / T1 loss from spinal infarct: Camitz transfer for opposition; ECRL to FDP for finger flexion; Brachioradialis to FPL for thumb flexion
- Nerve grafting for digital nerve defect
- Radial nerve decompression
- Spinal Accessory nerve reconstruction using autologous sural nerve graft
- Thoracodorsal nerve to long thoracic nerve transfer for scapula winging
- Bony Mallet finger injury repair( Synthes Hook plate)
- Collagenase (XiapexTM) injection and Manipulation for Dupuytrens contracture
- De Quervains release (first extensor compartment decompression at the wrist)
- EIP to EPL Tendon Transfer
- Extensor tendon repair in Zone 5 of the hand
- Extensor tenolysis and intrinsic release of the hand
- First stage flexor tendon reconstruction
- Flexor tendon reconstruction-2nd stage.
- Foucher Flap to reconstruct volar thumb soft tissue defect
- Internal fixation of 5th metacarpal neck fracture (Synthes LCP plate)
- Internal fixation of middle phalangeal (P2) fracture using Synthes compact hand set
- Internal Fixation of Proximal Phalanx with Synthes® 1.5 mm Compact Hand Set
- Limited fasciectomy for Dupuytrens disease plus Z-plasties
- Moberg's volar advancement flap for thumb
- Palmar and digital fasciectomy for Dupuytrens
- PIP joint replacement (Middle finger): Stryker SR Metal on Poly implant
- Sagittal band reconstruction (Middle finger)
- Stryker SR MCPJ Cemented Joint replacement
- Swansons' MCP Joint replacement
- Clavicle osteotomy and resection of a hibernoma tumour from the left brachial plexus
- Cubital tunnel decompression with medial epicondylectomy
- Brachial plexus exploration and long thoracic nerve decompression
- Brachial plexus reconstruction (intercostal to radial nerve transfer)
- Common peroneal nerve decompression and application of NeuroCap device (Polyganics)
- Excision of a sural nerve end neuroma and application of a Polyganics NeuroCapTM
- Hybrid tendon transfer and nerve transfer reconstruction of high radial nerve palsy
- Medial branch spinal accessory (XI) nerve transfer to Suprascapular nerve through a posterior approach
- Modified Somsak nerve transfer (medial head of triceps nerve transfer to anterior division of the axillary nerve through a posterior approach)
- Neurolysis digital nerve plus Vivosorb barrier wrap (Polyganics) and Z-plasties to scar contracture left little finger
- Peroneal nerve decompression, neurolysis and wrapping with AxoGen Axoguard collagen nerve protector
- Peroneal Nerve exploration and decompression
- Radial nerve exploration and nerve grafting using autologous graft and AxoGen AVANCE nerve allograft .
- Supinator to Posterior Interosseous Nerve Transfer (S-PIN transfer)
- Suprascapular nerve decompression and reconstruction
- Thoracic Outlet decompression/ supraclavicular first rib resection
- Arthroscopic assisted Scaphoid non-union grafting and fixation using Acutrak screw
- Carpal tunnel decompression
- De Quervain's release - Dorsal approach
- Diagnostic Wrist Arthroscopy (using Acumed ARC Tower )
- Distal Radial fracture fixation with dorsal approach and Synthes 2.4mm variable angle plating system
- Distal Radius Fracture fixation , volar approach with Synthes® 2.4 mm Variable Angle locking LCP
- Excision of benign tumour posterior interosseus nerve
- Extended approach Carpal Tunnel decompression
- Four Corner Fusion using Medartis plate and scaphoid excision
- Guyons canal release
- Median nerve reconstruction
- Radioscapholunate fusion using Medartis plate with distal Scaphoid excision
- Scaphoid non-union: Vascularised graft based on the volar carpal artery
- Total wrist fusion for Volkmann’s ischaemic contracture (Using Synthes fusion plate)
- Ulnar shortening osteotomy using the RECOS locking plate
23 Operations In Progress
- Axillary nerve decompression
- Deltoid to triceps transfer including achilles allograft
- Excision of radial nerve tumour (brachial plexus)
- Pronator tunnel release
- Fasciectomy for Dupuytrens
- MCP joint fusion of thumb
- ORIF 4th & 5th metacarpals with plates
- ORIF Proximal Phalanx with screws
- Proximal interphalangeal joint arthrodesis using APEX system
- Proximal Phalangeal fracture fixation
- Thumb IP Joint Fusion
- Trigger thumb release
- Brachial plexus exploration and repair
- Infra-clavicular exploration of the brachial plexus
- Metatarsal neck osteotomies, excision of recurrent Morton's neuroma & Polyganics NeuroCap to common digital nerve 2nd and 3rd inter-metatarsal spaces
- Polyganics NeuroCap application to geniculate branches of the saphenous nerve
- Saphenous neurectomy and implantation of Polyganics NeuroCap for neuromas following knee surgery
- Ulna nerve decompression (motor branch)
- ‘Corella’ arthroscopic scapholunate ligament reconstruction
- Distal radius fracture : Manipulation under anaesthetic (MUA) and K-wire fixation
- Trapeziectomy and APL suspensionplasty
- Wrist Arthroscopy with Ulnar shortening.
- X-Ray guided CMC Joint injection
Library of Operations
Have the a complete surgery atlas library at your fingertips. Wherever and whenever you need it.
Each of our operations is produced by our own board of experienced Surgeons.
They’ll take you through the whole clinical episode from when to and when not to operate through each actual step required to complete the operation safely and how to ensure optimal recovery.
New Operation Updates
Receive content updates and new operations.
Receive content updates and new operations as soon as they’re published. New techniques published twice a month, every month.
Sector defining surgical CPD/CME content
- Each operation has a searching set of validated CPD/CME questions accessed through subscription.
- Questions have been constructed to be appropriate for those of you in training as well as Surgeons in independent practice who are maintaining their professional standards.
- Build your own electronic portfolio of CPD/CME certificates (both at a standard pass and honours level) for each operation.
- Demonstrate to your Training or Regulatory body you are up to date
Read operation as part of your timed activity.
Answer the questions.
Submit answers for auto-marking.
Store, print or export your certificates. CPD/CME validated by the Royal College of Surgeons of England, the Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh and the British Orthopaedic association.
Create you own Atlas
Develop your own private Atlas to store your own observations, tricks and tips.
Add your own margin notes to each operation.
Develop your own private Atlas to store your own observations, tricks and tips.
If you like submit your best ideas to us. If we use we’ll credit. If we use enough we may have a job for you.
For every minute you spend on the site we’ll log your activity.
For every minute you spend on the site we’ll log your activity.
(You’ll need to do something every few minutes to show us still alive though.)
Generate a validated certificate through the CPD dashboard that shows your time spent learning and updating with us.