What's In The Hip Surgery Atlas?
14 Active Operations
- Birmingham Hip resurfacing
- Corail Pinnacle (De Puy)Total Hip replacement ( Midi-posterior approach)
- Direct anterior approach total hip replacement
- Exeter Trauma Stem for Intracapsular Neck of Femur Fracture - Stryker
- Mathys Twinys stem & Vitamys cup uncemented Total Hip Replacement - Posterior approach
- Microport Intracapsular Total Hip Replacement
- Polymotion; The Custom Highly Crosslinked Polyethylene Hip Resurfacing
- Hip Arthroscopy - set up and access to central compartment
- Dunns osteotomy
- Medial Approach Open Reduction hip (MAOR)
- Proximal femoral varus osteotomy using angled Blade plate fixation
- Salters' osteotomy
- The Birmingham Interlocking Pelvic (Triple) osteotomy
- Stryker Omega Dynamic Hip Screw for extra-capsular neck of femur fracture
15 Operations In Progress
- 1st Stage Revision of Hip. Combined intra-pelvic and Extended Trochanteric Osteotomy Approach
- BIrmingham Hip resurfacing
- C stem AMT/Elite cemented THR femur first
- Conversion of Dynamic Hip Screw to Advantage Dual Mobility Cup (Zimmer-Biomet) and Proximal Femoral Replacement (METS, Stanmore)
- Exeter Total Hip replacement for Fractured Neck of Femur
- Microport SuperPATH total hip replacement
- Revision total hip replacement (Thrust plate to Mathys Twinsys stem and Vitamys cup)
- Revision Total Hip replacement: Direct exchange Link MP revision stem for periprosthetic fracture
- SERF Dual mobility Total Hip replacement 2
- Stryker Custom Acetabulum and SERF Dual mobility Hip Revision
- Total Hip replacement -Anterior approach
- Total Hip replacement :Cemented Exeter stem and an uncemented R3 acetabular component(Metal on poly)
- Application of a Paediatric Hip Spica
- Pelvic & Femoral osteotomies.
- Triple pelvic osteotomy
What's In The Knee Surgery Atlas?
17 Active Operations
- De Puy Attune Total Knee Replacement
- Sleeved Total Knee Replacement for Tibial Plateau Fracture (MBT DePuy)
- Smith & Nephew Journey Unicompartmental Knee replacement (Fixed Bearing )
- Vanguard 360 total Knee replacement (Zimmer)
- Vanguard total Knee Replacement (Cruciate retaining, Zimmer-Biomet)
- Zimmer-Biomet Persona Partial Knee Replacement (Medial)
- Knee arthroscopy
- Knee arthroscopy and microfracture of osteochondral defect
- Meniscal repair using Smith & Nephew fast-fix 360 system & knee arthroscopy
- Patella tendon harvest for ACL reconstruction
- Anteromedialisation tibial tubercle osteotomy
- High Tibial Osteotomy (Synthes Tomofix plate)
- Proximal Tibial Osteotomy using a Newclip plate.
- Rotational proximal tibial Osteotomy
- Anatomic ACL reconstruction using hamstring tendons ( Linvotec graft tensioner)
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction - double-stranded hamstring graft
- Iliotibial band lengthening (for ITB friction syndrome)
10 Operations In Progress
- Oxford unicompartmental Knee replacement (mobile bearing ,Zimmer-Biomet)
- Revision Total Knee replacement (Stage 1 using Zimmer articulating spacer)
- ACI to patella with trochleoplasty and combined distal and proximal realignment
- Knee arthroscopy and anterior interval debridement
- Knee arthroscopy and partial medial menisectomy
- Tomofix Plate for High Tibial Osteotomy with Bi-planar cuts (De Puy-Synthes)
- Patella stabilisation for dislocation
- Peri-articular ligament releases around the knee
- Posterolateral Corner Reconstruction +ACL reconstruction
- Revision ACL reconstruction (patella tendon)
What's In The Foot Surgery Atlas?
78 Active Operations
- Achilles Reconstruction - Arthrex Biotenodesis screw with Flexor Hallucis Longus tendon transfer
- Achilles tendon debridement
- Achilles tendon minimally invasive debridement
- Achilles tendon repair
- Ankle and Subtalar (Double) Fusion using OrthoSolutions Oxbridge nail
- Ankle arthroscopy
- Ankle Replacement -De Puy Mobility
- Ankle Replacement-BOX total ankle replacement (MatOrtho)
- Ankle replacement-Revision using Wright Invision Ankle replacement system
- Ankle replacement-Star ankle replacement (revision of mensical component)
- Ankle replacement-Wright Infinity ankle replacement
- Ankle replacement-Wright Prophecy
- Arthroscopic Ankle Fusion using OrthoSolutions CSS screws
- Birmingham lateral ligament reconstruction
- Brostrom lateral ligament reconstruction using JuggerKnot suture anchor(Zimmer-Biomet).
- Correction of the Cavo-varus foot using Orthosolutions Titanium screws & Ultos plate.
- Double fusion (Tibiotalocalcaneal fusion) with De Puy Versa-Nail.
- Fixation of open talar neck fracture using Stryker Variax implants
- Full-House Equinus Ankle Correction
- Integra Achillon to repair Achilles rupture.
- Internal fixation of medial malleolar ankle fracture with ASNIS screws
- Lateral malleolar fixation using Acumed Fibula Rod System
- Lisfranc fixation for fracture-dislocation injury
- Open ankle arthrodesis using Ankle Fix 4.0 plate (Zimmer-Biomet)
- open ankle fusion
- Osteochondral grafting the talus
- Posterior ankle decompression- Open technique
- Posterior Ankle decompression-Arthroscopic technique
- Postero-lateral plating of pronation-external rotation ankle fracture (posterior malleolar fixation)
- Supra malleolar Tibial osteotomy
- Tibialis Anterior Reconstruction (Extensor Hallucis Longus transfer)
- Tibio-talo-calcaneal (TTC/Double ) fusion with Wright Valor nail.
- Tibio-Talo-Calcaneal (TTC/Double )fusion using Integra Advansys Plate
- 1st MTP Arthroscopy (Big toe)
- 5th metatarsal non-union fixation ,using Stryker Asnis cannulated screws
- Akin osteotomy
- Basal metatarsal osteotomy (open wedge for Hallux Valgus)
- Bunionette (Scarf correction) using OrthoSolutions FOS screws
- Cartiva implant for 1st MTP joint arthritis
- Chevron Osteotomy
- congenital curly fifth toe
- Crossover Second Toe deformity (Extensor Digitorum Brevis transfer)
- First MTP( Big Toe) Fusion
- Hallux Varus correction with Stryker Anchorage MTP arthrodesis plate
- Jones procedure for claw toe using OrthoSolutions small fragment screw
- Lateral MTP joint release ( modified McBrides procedure)
- Minimally invasive Cheilectomy for Hallux Rigidus using OrthoSolutions system
- moberg procedure (and open MTP debridement)
- Modified kellers arthroplasty
- Mortons Neuroma Excision
- Rheumatoid forefoot reconstruction
- Rotaglide first mtp joint replacement
- Scarf osteotomy using OrthoSolutions FOS screws
- Weils osteotomy
- Arthroscopic subtalar fusion with Orthosolutions Large Fragment cannulated screws
- Calcaneal Fracture Fixation
- Calcaneal osteotomy (open technique using Atkins approach)
- Calcaneal osteotomy with OrthoSolutions FRS Locking Plate
- Calcaneo Navicular Coalition takedown
- Haglunds deformity-Arthrex Bio-corkscrew & postero-lateral approach
- Minimally invasive Calcaneal osteotomy
- peroneal sheath reconstruction
- Pes Planus correction with FDL transfer , Calcaneal osteotomy and Wright Bioarch arthroresis screw
- Plantar fascia release
- Talo-Calcaneal Coalition
- Tarsal tunnel decompression
- Tibialis Posterior Reconstruction for pes planus
- tibialis posterior tendon debridement
- Tibialis posterior transfer (through interosseous membrane )for foot drop
- Triple Fusion
- Dorsi-flexing osteotomy of first metatarsal (using Orthosolutions Memo-staple)
- Lapidus procedure
- Lisfranc Fusion
- Os Naviculare Reconstruction
- Peroneal Tendon Debridement
- Tibialis posterior transfer (for foot drop)
- Wedge tarsectomy (Cavus foot)
- Wedge Tarsectomy & dorsi-flexing Lapidus
11 Operations In Progress
- Achilles tendon reconstruction using Wright Medical Graftjacket
- advanced arthroscopic ankle fusion
- Internal fixation of Pilon fracture distal Tibia
- Lateral ankle ligament repair (reattachment of ATF ligament)
- Lion operation
- Open Equinus Ankle Correction
- Revision (augmented lateral ankle ligament reconstruction (Wright Graftjacket)
- Revision Ankle Fusion
- Tibio-Talo-Calcaneal (TTC/Double )fusion using Zimmer Ankle Fix plus plate.
- lateral release modified mcbrides procedure
- Talo-navicular fusion
What's In The Upper Limb & Hand Surgery Atlas?
47 Active Operations
- Cubital tunnel decompression
- Digital nerve conduit-assisted repair with the NeurolacTM (Polyganics)
- Dorsal cutaneous ulnar nerve reconstruction using Axogen Avance nerve allograft
- Excision of median nerve tumour and Axogen Axoguard nerve protector wrapping
- Excision of Schwannoma from ulnar nerve
- Fractional Tendon Lengthening and Swanson Silastic Metacarpophalangeal Joint Replacement (Wright Medical) for Spasticity
- Modified Oberlin double fascicular nerve transfer for elbow flexion: FCR fascicle to motor branch to biceps and FCU fascicle to motor branch to brachialis
- Multiple tendon transfers for C8 / T1 loss from spinal infarct: Camitz transfer for opposition; ECRL to FDP for finger flexion; Brachioradialis to FPL for thumb flexion
- Nerve grafting for digital nerve defect
- Radial nerve decompression
- Spinal Accessory nerve reconstruction using autologous sural nerve graft
- Thoracodorsal nerve to long thoracic nerve transfer for scapula winging
- Bony Mallet finger injury repair( Synthes Hook plate)
- De Quervains release (first extensor compartment decompression at the wrist)
- EIP to EPL Tendon Transfer
- Extensor tenolysis and intrinsic release of the hand
- First stage flexor tendon reconstruction
- Flexor tendon reconstruction-2nd stage.
- Internal fixation of 5th metacarpal neck fracture (Synthes LCP plate)
- Internal fixation of middle phalangeal (P2) fracture using Synthes compact hand set
- Internal Fixation of Proximal Phalanx with Synthes® 1.5 mm Compact Hand Set
- Limited fasciectomy for Dupuytrens disease plus Z-plasties
- Moberg's volar advancement flap for thumb
- Sagittal band reconstruction (Middle finger)
- Stryker SR MCPJ Cemented Joint replacement
- Swansons' MCP Joint replacement
- Cubital tunnel decompression with medial epicondylectomy
- Brachial plexus exploration and long thoracic nerve decompression
- Brachial plexus reconstruction (intercostal to radial nerve transfer)
- Common peroneal nerve decompression and application of NeuroCap device (Polyganics)
- Medial branch spinal accessory (XI) nerve transfer to Suprascapular nerve through a posterior approach
- Modified Somsak nerve transfer (medial head of triceps nerve transfer to anterior division of the axillary nerve through a posterior approach)
- Peroneal Nerve exploration and decompression
- Supinator to Posterior Interosseous Nerve Transfer (S-PIN transfer)
- Thoracic Outlet decompression/ supraclavicular first rib resection
- Arthroscopic assisted Scaphoid non-union grafting and fixation using Acutrak screw
- Carpal tunnel decompression
- Diagnostic Wrist Arthroscopy (using Acumed ARC Tower )
- Distal Radial fracture fixation with dorsal approach and Synthes 2.4mm variable angle plating system
- Distal Radius Fracture fixation , volar approach with Synthes® 2.4 mm Variable Angle locking LCP
- Excision of benign tumour posterior interosseus nerve
- Extended approach Carpal Tunnel decompression
- Four Corner Fusion using Medartis plate and scaphoid excision
- Median nerve reconstruction
- Radioscapholunate fusion using Medartis plate with distal Scaphoid excision
- Total wrist fusion for Volkmann’s ischaemic contracture (Using Synthes fusion plate)
25 Operations In Progress
- Axillary nerve decompression
- Deltoid to triceps transfer including achilles allograft
- Excision of radial nerve tumour (brachial plexus)
- Pronator Teres to ECRB tendon transfer and FCR/PL fascicle nerve transfer to PIN
- Fasciectomy for Dupuytrens
- ORIF 4th & 5th metacarpals with plates
- ORIF Proximal Phalanx with screws
- PIP joint replacement (Middle finger)
- Proximal Phalangeal fracture fixation
- Thumb IP Joint Fusion
- Thumb reconstruction and local flap cover.
- Xiapex injection for Dupuytrens contracture
- Zone 5 extensor tendon repair
- Clavicle osteotomy and resection Hibernoma tumour left brachial plexus
- Decompression of Suprascapular nerve
- Excision of recurrent Mortons neuroma & Polyganics Vivosorb to common digital nerve
- Excision of Sural neuroma and application of Polyganics Neurocap
- Exploration radial nerve and autologous graft to nerve to brachioradialis and AVANCE processed nerve allograft to radial nerve
- Neurectomies of geniculate branches of the saphenous nerve using Polyganics Neurocaps
- Neurocap application to saphenous nerve
- Neurolysis digital nerve plus Vivosorb barrier wrap and z plasties to scar contracture left little finger
- Peroneal nerve decompression, neurolysis and wrapping with the AxoGen Axoguard collagen nerve protector
- ‘Corella’ arthroscopic scapholunate ligament reconstruction
- Guyons canal release
- X-Ray guided CMC Joint injection
Library of Operations
Have the a complete surgery atlas library at your fingertips. Wherever and whenever you need it.
Each of our operations is produced by our own board of experienced Surgeons.
They’ll take you through the whole clinical episode from when to and when not to operate through each actual step required to complete the operation safely and how to ensure optimal recovery.
New Operation Updates
Receive content updates and new operations.
Receive content updates and new operations as soon as they’re published.
Sector defining surgical CPD/CME content
- Each operation has a searching set of validated CPD/CME questions accessed through subscription.
- Questions have been constructed to be appropriate for those of you in training as well as Surgeons in independent practice who are maintaining their professional standards.
- Build your own electronic portfolio of CPD/CME certificates (both at a standard pass and honours level) for each operation.
- Demonstrate to your Training or Regulatory body you are up to date
Read operation as part of your timed activity.
Select a CPD/CME level.
Answer the questions.
Submit answers for auto-marking.
Store, print or export your certificates.
Create you own Atlas
Develop your own private Atlas to store your own observations, tricks and tips.
Add your own margin notes to each operation.
Develop your own private Atlas to store your own observations, tricks and tips.
If you like submit your best ideas to us. If we use we’ll credit. If we use enough we may have a job for you.
For every minute you spend on the site we’ll log your activity.
For every minute you spend on the site we’ll log your activity.
(You’ll need to do something every few minutes to show us still alive though.)
Generate a validated certificate through the CPD dashboard that shows your time spent learning and updating with us.